Savings Accounts are a great way to teach children about money. In fact, at PNC,
Savings Accounts for children under age 18 are always free - with no minimum balance.
|Required Minimum to Open||$25|
|Required Average Monthly Balance to Avoid Service Charge1||
An Auto Savings transfer of $25 or more each month from your PNC Checking to your Savings Account will avoid the monthly service fee.
|Required Average Balance to Avoid Withdrawal Fees after 3 withdrawals per month2||$1,500|
|Prime Features||Automatic transfers,3 unlimited deposits (including transfers into the account), unlimited teller visits and account information calls|
|Minimum to earn interest is $14|
|Online Features5||Free and unlimited account access by phone and web|
- FDIC insured to the maximum permitted by law
- No withdrawal fees if you are under 18 years old
- No required minimum balance if you are under 18 years old
- Minimum to earn interest is $1
- Auto Savings - Automatic transfers to grow your savings
- Unlimited deposits
- Free PNC Banking card 6,7
- Free online view of prior 90-day's deposit tickets and Deposit Ticket detail list8
Please see our current Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees for monthly service charge information and for other fees and charges that may apply.
- A $4.00 monthly service charge will be charged if your average monthly balance falls below $400 ($0 for those less than 18 years of age).
- There is a $3.00 charge per withdrawal (if you exceed more than 3 per month) if the balance falls below $1,500 (includes transfers out of the account, but not overdraft protection transfers to your checking account). No fee for those less than 18 years of age.
- Federal regulation prohibits you from making more than a total of 6 transfers each month to other accounts from a savings or money market account (including transfers to another account for overdraft protection) or to third parties each month by check, through point-of-sale purchase transactions with a banking card, by preauthorized or automatic agreements, telephone, or online. See your account agreement for more information. Other limits may apply to your account. Excessive transactions may result in changing your Money Market or Savings account to a non-interest bearing checking account.
- See the Consumer Account Information booklet - Interest Payment and Balance Computation section for details.
- For additional information regarding PNC Bank Online Banking, or Online Banking through Quicken,?? refer to the PNC Bank Online or Telephone section of the Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees.
- For additional information regarding the PNC Banking Card, refer to the section of the Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees pertaining to Debit Cards.
- Debit Card purchasing is not available.
- See the Image Pricing Detail in the PNC Bank Online section of the Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC